Originally Posted By: CoachB's Wife
One thought I had as a result of all the good advice is that it might be a good first step to just write down all the facts as we understand them so that the attorney can give us the best possible perspective. Coach and I will work on that this weekend.

Good idea. I like to present two documents to attorneys (can be incorporated into one if you prefer). A time line of events as you know them: When you purchased your property, when you received the permit for your pond, when you built your pond, when you had contact with the neighbor regarding the building of the pond, when the neighbor built the berm, etc. And a second document (or as I said it can be interlaced with the first) that describes in detail all of the contact between you and the neighbor regarding the pond issue. Don't sugar coat it, write down all the contact regarding this good or bad (even if you have acted badly, which I'm not saying you did). Print out several copies of the document for the attorney.

Documentation is what I live for. You can't believe the messes I've avoided through documentation.

Please keep us posted.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)