About a month and a half ago I had 90 yellow perch stocked in my 1AC pond. They ranged from 7" to 9". The other occupants of the pond include a ton of various size bluegill, what had been bass finglering stocked late last summer (that are now around the size of the yellow perch), a handfull of 1 lb to 3 lb HSB, and about 30 Channel Catfish... the largest occupants... at around 3 to 5 lbs. My point... I don't believe I have anything that could eat them... or at least I don't have many predators large enough to have eaten them all.

I'm not real happy with the yellow perch supplier. He pulled upto my pond and dumped the fish in without any acclimation process. The fish "shocked", laying motionless on their sides. After a few minutes, they slowly swam off into the deeps. I checked the pond frequently there after, but found no floaters.

I have since fished the pond heavily... catching everything except a yellow perch. I think I hooked one on a small Rapala that I was using for bass. I got it next to the bank, - close enough to see, - I'm almost sure that it was a yellow perch. Of course it managed to unhook itself... so I can't say for certain.

Am I being overly fatalistic to assume that all 90 croaked... or is not unreasonable to believe that they are in there, - but I'm not correctly fishing for them.

... like my subject line said... I'm just looking for a little affirmation.

Last edited by Pot Luck Pond; 05/22/09 07:48 PM.