I forgot to answer TJ's question. The walleye are existing, but I wouldn't say they are thriving. I put in about (20) around 2-3 years ago. They were about 12-14" long.

Over the past year or two, I've caught three and my bro has caught one. They are maybe 16" and not very fat which is odd because I have a lot of forage in my pond.

When I first got the pond about eleven years back, it was LMB/BG/Bullhead/Crappie/Yellow Perch.

I started with SMB stocking around '03/'04 with the last stocking of SMB in '05. The '05 SMB were 2 lbs. each and I stocked about (55).

Somewhere in the past five years or so, we noticed a considerable drop off in the LMB fishing. Not as many bigger LMB and overall less LMB too. I think this was mainly due to human poaching.

The SMB are surviving and reproducing, and we do get recruitment.

I'm also seeing some larger LMB also.

In the end, I know I will have to stock more SMB and I will be looking at getting 6" or so SMB from Harltleys. I may use ewest's blocking net method, or have my fish guy grow them out a few inches at his place.

Due to little kids, I don't spend as much time at my pond recently. If I was there more, I'd be doing LMB culling to keep their population in check.

Regarding what's in the fish's stomachs, you have to understand that I really don't even like handling fish; I don't mind lipping them which worked for every fish in my pond until I put in walleye and trout. I don't even touch a bullhead when I catch one. I just grab the hook with the pliers and carry the bullhead over to the base of a tree and shake him loose to get eaten by some animal. So cleaning fish is out for me!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."