Nate - Last Friday I checked with Logan Hollow Fish Farm by Murphysboro in southern Illinois. Saturday was to be the last day to purchase fish, as they were getting ready to put all tank fish back into their ponds. So, on Saturday morning, I drove to Logan Hollow and purchased 1,500 SBG (3"-5"), 500 RES (1"-2"), 200 Channel Catfish (6"-8") and 20 lbs of FH's and put them in my lake. They were in good shape and very active when I released them into the lake. I went a little high on the SBG because I couldn't get 4"-6" and I thought some may get eaten by existing LB. A big thank you to Pete and his folks at Logan Hollow Fish Farm. They were wonderful and went out of their way to help me.

So, this all happened quickly, but I am excited and looking forward to this summer and hopefully good things happen. On Saturday I programmed the aerator to run at night and have the feeder feeding at 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. In two weeks I will turn the bug lights on. When the water gets a little warmer, I am still going to seine a portion of the lake. I will let you know what we capture. Also, today I will be ordering the chemicals I need to control the creeping water primrose and moss.

The only reason I had been using pond dye was for aesthetics. I had no idea is was harmful to the food chain. I will use it no longer.

The feed I intend to use is AQUAMAX Grower 500. It is 3/16" size with 41% minimum protein, 12% minimum fat and 4% maximum fiber. Any thoughts on this - am I using the right feed?

Thanks Nate and all others!!!