Ted, your detailed response is very much appreciated. I unfortunately did not purchase my Vertex system through you as I was referred to a local dealer by Sue Cruz. Something about protected dealer territories (I guess that I can appreciate that). If you don't mind my asking for the free advice, I have pasted a picture below of my pond. I don't have an aerial view, Google maps has not updated my property since the pond was built. You can see the boils. The nearest is the XL in 13' of water (deepest). FA grows around the entire perimeter evenly and abundantly.

I have no grass carp, I do not fertilize, I don't think that my fish load is that heavy and my slopes are 3:1. I do have farm field runoff but it has to travel a distance of 600-700' over unfertilized soil planted with warm season grasses. I'm considering tilapia but I think that I am getting way more than my fair share of FA.

What is your opinion of the diffuser placement in the picture? The original recommendation was for two co-stations. I asked for the XL for the wide part of the pond. Thanks for you input.

By the way, this picture was taken after battling FA all summer long and finally taking back control.

Last edited by Blaine; 04/22/09 12:35 PM.

2008, 2011 & 2012 conference attendee.
Striving to be the person that my dog already thinks I am.