Photos are memories revisited
Looking at Nate’s “Deep Sea “family fishing adventure reminds me of memories from the past, that I can relive with photos with the realization that these days are long gone.
Jeff’s picture with his dad is a precious moment that is recorded on film as well as in his memory, and now can be shared with family and friends.

Nate’s pictures will serve him well.
Thank’s to all for sharing your photos – they are appreciated.

My favorite “blue water” fly fishing trips were on the Moody Blues, a 34 ft twin-engine diesel big game craft that we would charter out of Port Aransas, Texas.
Not for the boat especially, but for the skipper. He was the very best sport charter captain for many years until he retired a number of years ago.

Couple of fly fishin’ buddies and I would make annual trips to the coast strictly for C&R sport fishing, both for “deep sea” and saltwater flats fly fishing.

Y’all have made me go back and find some of my old pictures.
My favorite fish on the fly were King Mackeral and Bonita, which would put on a hundred yard run run on you in the blink of an eye that would melt the drag on bad reel. – and then do it all over again when they see the boat.
Don’t laugh at my dink dolphins – those babies will jump like crazy and are a blast to catch.

We would fish the oil rigs, anchored shrimp boats, and the “Rock”, 30 mile offshore.

Pictures of most fun trip with fidhin’ buddies 1997 - fish on every cast - wore us out that day:

[img]http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/texoma/?action=view¤t=2docu0051.jpg[/img]

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)