Originally Posted By: davatsa
JHAP's fish sure looks like a yellowfin tuna to me.

We have a winner! It's a Yellowfin Tuna. That's not a particularily large one as far as yellowfins go but it put up quite a fight, well that is if you like manually pulling an anchor up from the bottom. For those that don't know, most of the time when you hook a tuna they swim straight for the bottom. Then you spend quite a while (if my memory serves it took me 45 minutes) hauling the fish up to the boat. Hard on your back and arms.

Dad's Dorado was a great fish. It weighed somewhere around 70 pounds and gave dad quite a fight. It did some terrific tail dancing as he was reeling it in. We took a bunch of trips to the East Cape and fished, had some great adventures, made some memories with my dad that I cherish.

Oh and someone asked, yes they loose the color very quickly after being caught. They are great fighters and they taste wonderful (order some Mahi Mahi in a restaurant and you'll know what I mean).

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)