Thanks everyone for the responses.

I am researching the predator issue now. I don't know what's available nearby, so I'm trying to figure that out. I would love to see SMB there, since they are my passion, but we may have to get by with something else.

I just spoke to my brother-in-law in the U.P. He's been going out to feed the HBG's and watching their progress. He has brought up another question. Over the last three weeks or so temps in the U.P. have been down. Some nights in the 30's, and some days no higher then the low 50's. The fish are nowhere to be seen. Are they prepairing for winter by going deeper?

ML, there is no chance for mixing of the lake and pond. I'm trying to find a picture, but have yet to find one that will show what I mean. Many years ago, 40 or so, a lot of the neighbors within a few miles on either side chose to bulldoze the dune into their pond. Doing so both gave them a view of the lake and eliminated the need for a bridge to get across the the beach. These are costly and hard to maintain. It also helped with the bug situation as well. My father-in-law decided to keep the serene view of the pond.

Bill, I will be sure to keep you all informed on our progress. I am enjoying this site very much and learning a lot in the process.