CJ I think it may be a little bit of both. During extreme flooding it is possible to get foreign fish from another ranch to the NE. When that happens it floods into the 65 acre lake that if it floods the spillway it will eventually dump itno the 15 acres lake about 3/4 mile away. The other lakes are far enough away that fish can't swim between them. If it floods that bad Noah is back in town.

During the winter months it is not uncommon to migratory birds by the thousands on the lakes. I have read and have been told they can transport eggs from lake to lake on their feet and in the mouth.

The new lake will be subject to flooding and foreign fish. The damn on this lake is approx 400 yds long and the depth at the damn is going to be 40ft or so. Two wet weather creeks as well as the spill way water of the 15 acre and 8 acre lake are going to feed this thing. I am excited about this lake. When it fills its going to back up a bunch of water and flood a lot of brush country. This will make it a bass haven. Wish it would hurry up and rain.

Long term plan is to pipe water to this lake to keep it pretty constant or at least the main body. We just drilled a well that tested at 500+ gallons per minute.

With the depth and the size over time I hope to make it an outstanding fishery. Due to the long growing season in S.Texas bass reach trophy size very quickly. Even considereing stocking some hydrid stripped bass. I hope to create my own little "Falcon".

Last edited by BrandonA; 04/03/09 10:17 AM.