Bill, Your memory serves you better than mine does. He pond is between 1/10 and 1/4 acre. I have tons of plants/weedbeds and structure around the edges now such that the YP and minnows have places to hide and spawn. We did have a long dry spell about 2 years ago that I lost about 4 ft of the pond and most of the FHM and plants around the edges. It is fine now. As for the YP spawning I have tons of ribbons around but none fertilized. All just sit in he weeds and sticks/structure and rot.

As for the fish cage. I made one last year and tried it with FHM but they found ways out so GS might be a good choice to try again. As for the GS I get them from a place less than ).5 miles from my house so I dont think its anything with a transportation problem. It could be an issue with size and stress but not with transportation.

One thing I did this past season is add in a new water source to the pond from the road culvert - two 6 inch lines both running about 150 feet to siltation pond and from there through riprap into the full pond. I started off by putting some FHM in the siltation pond to see if I can get some going in there and then move some out as they start to reproduce.

---------------------------------
1/10 - 1/4 acre pond plus 16 ft deep/ Plus 40 ft by 20 ft by 6 ft deep koi and fathead minnow pond next to it. Upstate NY