To Brettski and Ric,

I also believe this may have not been Purple Primed and/or slow setting glued properly and yes 12" schedule 40 pvc pipe and connectors is heavy and hard to work with and this was my first attempt at this task so most likely the possibility of indequate application may have contributed to the failure.

Kieth Johnson at Pond Dam Piping, LLC has been most helpful in working with me on this issue, I purchased the materials from him and had it shipped here.

today I plan to "get down in the hole" and look closely at the pipe end and the 22 degree ell end to see I believe we can "properly clean up the pipe outside and ell inside in order to re-connect, if ell looks bad or cracked, will order new ell.

I ordered new 12" couplin to be able to cut pipe in half or thirds so it won't be so heavy in order to help re-connect.

also..... installing the s/s screws will help secure it hopefully.

Bill May in Atlanta called me yesterday and he said he has installed over 1400 of these size siphons and he believes what we intend to do will take care of the problem.
Thanks for your suggestions, input and questions.

also, we intend to put 60# concrete bags under and over and behind 45 ell to help support and hold line at proper angle and hand fill and pack dirt under and around the line to help prevent any voids.

JET

Jimmy Terrell (JET)