I have reading this forum with interest and it is VERY informative! I like to read about people who have 'been there, done that' before deciding on something. We live in south Alabama where the main concern is hot, humid summers. We are building about a 3 acre pond and a 'retirement' cabin (more like a house...2500 sq ft)using mostly all reclaimed wood and beams from old houses(will be timber frame.) We are very interested in geo thremal for the pond. It almost doesn't make sense not to go geo!I have read through these post and have a few questions. When you mention the power bill being MORE, is that just for running the system? I guess since we don't use propane gas at all,(we have an all electric heat pump) our power bill should be LESS, right? Right now our power bill runs around 250.00-300.00 a month, whole house. About what kind of savings should we expect from the geo? Also, looked at the Slim Jims. Has anyone used these and how does the price compare to the coils? ONE more question....does anyone that lives in the south feel like the air inside in the summer is comforable, in other words, not humid? I think I read somewhere this system is also a dehumidifier. We are also looking into siting the cabin to take advantage of passive heating/cooling. The south side will have quit alot of glass and am worried about overheating. Thanks for all your help! This is an awesome forum!