Aaron,
I do understand your goal, it is just that I don't think using pellet type bait is going to measurably change the end result. As I said before I used to get left over veggies from the market and throw it to my fish every day and every day I could catch fish on anyone of the veggies. The pacu would scatter when the first fish was caught, but the tilapia would stay until the bitter end. I got bored and other projects took me away. So I just tossed the pellets all at once and went about my business.
Now no one, not even the carp, hits veggies or anything else. They didn't learn not to hit them, they learned (were conditioned) to eat only pellets.
They are not hook shy, with the exception of a few barramundi, I keep everything that I catch and that is not very many. They are bait shy for want of a better term.

Plus if you get to the point where the old seasoned vets don't take the pellet bait, only the young bucks, culling becomes easier and you have actually furthered your goal.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam