Thanks ewest, can't wait to see your article. Do you equate catch rate to aggressiveness? Do you think that applies to eating normal forage as well?

Again, I don't think people would notice a 10% decrease, but it's the math problem that 10% in 3 generations is .9*.9*.9 and that becomes something important... and with hundreds of fish it would be impossible to actually tell a difference by fishing IMO.

Originally Posted By: JHFV
I dont agree with some of the post. Fish cant go to the damn grocery store and buy 100 different things to eat like we can so if your telling me fish will stop eating minnows because he was caught then i call horse___t!

My point wasn't that they'd 'stop eating minnows' it was that they'd be less aggressive and change their predation habits. Instead of a fish eating 10 minnows in a day they would change their behavior and maybe only eat 8. Doesn't mean one can't catch fish. Doesn't mean they'll die. Doesn't mean you can start catching them on horse___t either. My belief is that they wont have optimal growth, and that they will be more 'whatever' shy (they don't see hooks, they see the bait - so I think it's 'lure shy' not hook shy).

Maybe Cody is stating this better than I am, and maybe I'm full of it as you say.