I know I don't know it all, but I have learned so much on this site and from my own experience raising fish, that the level of ignorance on some of the fishing sites can be downright funny. Here are some things I have read and tried to correct on one site in particular. Mind you if one does it too much they resent you and get offended. I was told in the New York category that I was a guest and to behave myself.

1.) Talpia can survive under the ice. (Yes they have adapted LOL)

2.) A fish's color varies due to oxygen levels.

3.) A bluegill that is light in color is a female -- never mind it was caught through the ice in the winter and most likely turbid water and it has a long ear tab.

4.) A juvenile northern pike is a tiger musky just because it hasn't developed the bean spots yet.

5.) A musky that has bars is automatically a tiger musky.

6.) One anglers catches 18 inch perch all the time!

7.) If you don't release ALL bass you're an idiot!

It goes on and on! I won't even go into the fish management arguments that couldn't be more wrong! On example is a massive lake in New York. Lake Geroge, all 288,000 acres has nothing but small yellow perch because everyone catches the big ones! Uh huh!

In all fairness there are a few very knowledgable people on these sites. It's just that a few of them make the rest look kind of dumb.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/15/09 05:20 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.