Ok guys, the wifer says I have enough hobbies, but here it goes

I live on 10 wooded acres in Gainesville, Fl. I have been interested in putting in a pond since we moved in a few months ago. I was casually surfing the net when i stumbled upon this site.

I have since spent the vast majority of my awake time on this site. IT IS AWESOME!

I have already ordered the "perfect pond want one" Book

I have also just ordered my subscription to PB magazine

I am very excited about all of this but I realize because of my location/ permits/ city regulations, let alone my "sinkhole" soil- I may not be able to put a pond in, or at least not the 1/2 - 1 acre pond that I am envisioning.

I have contacted our NRCS, the response has been underwhelming thus far, But I am optimistic.

Questions

1. Of all the posts I have read, none have been from Florida pondmeisters, any idea why?

2. I have searched the net and this site for pond builders in florida, can't seem to find any that do anything bigger than a fancy pants coi pond. Does anyone have any #'s of reputable folks in my area.

3. Work with me here. My wife thinks this is a dumb idea. I keep telling her about how much the kids will enjoy it, the fishing, Etc. She keeps talking about gators, snakes, fish hooks in various body parts. If I get this past the boss, please tell me how much money her next kitchen remodel is going to cost me. Please include formula used for said calculation, and any ideas on how to convince the wife this is a good idea.

P.S. I already know not to tell her how much it will cost. I have been practicing the line "Sweety, It's only a hole in the ground, in fact they may pay us for the dirt they take away!"

Any info much appreciated,

Pond addict with no pond,

gallop

Bonus idea- I could use the threat of building a pond here to leverage buying hunting and fishing land in georgia- please discuss merits and pitfalls of this approach

No I am not ADD, yes I should be on medications