Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
It sounds similar to what Norm Kopecky did, except I believe his method was put & take with almost exclusively predator species. I'd love to have a pond dedicated to growing trophy fish of choice, plus another pond with a hodgepodge of all different species and sizes of fish. If I could only have one, I'd rather have better catch rates with multiple species and try for an occassional trophy fish as a bonus.

I'm going to have to look through my Pond Boss magazine collection and find the article. I didn't realize that he used exclusively predator species - OOPS!

Man Jeff, don't quote me on that! (pun intended) That's why I prefaced my statement with "almost." ;\) Now that I think about it, I'm guessing he had forage species in there. But I do recall him saying that his pond was purposefully predator-heavy with multiple species. He treated it as a put & take--interesting idea.

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."