Originally Posted By: Ric Swaim
 Quote:
Yeah that would be cool. Do you know if they are available anywhere in the country even in California? I do know California passed a law back in the 30's that prohibited the eggs or fish to be transported out of the state. I wonder if that is still the case.

I hadn't heard of that law. I searched hard for a source but quit searching for them in 2003. You know somewhere somebody has a pond with some fish they transported from a spring. I thought about catching some wild fish & trying to transport them. Even had a couple of guys tell me where to find them in streams relatively close to roads.

If you found some I can't even imagine the red tape to transport them. It wouldn't be possible in my state. My state strictly forbids any trout or trout eggs from west of the continental divide due to potential disease issues. We weren't even allowed to get eggs from Trout Lodge in Washington state, which are as clean as they get until the state decided to do it. I guess now it's O.K.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/22/09 09:45 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.