Thanks for all the responses, guys. Theo, Brett, Chad, and P. Buckley, I appreciate the words of affirmation.

It's a fun project for sure. I'm glad to see the progress, but this weekend told me I'm a long way from the goal. I'm actually o.k. with a bass heavy pond. The goal for this pond is to maintain good catch rates, not grow trophy bass. I would, however, like a little more variety in terms of fish size and age.

There are a few 2-3 pound bass, but it is rare to catch one. They're either 6 inches up to 1.5 pounds, or 5+ pounds. The largest bass I've caught in that pond was 8 pounds. From what I understand, a few very large bass (the ones that "made it" and can forage on the rest of the stunted ones) is common in a stunted bass pond.

My biggest concern is eliminating the large CCs. I don't mind a few of them, but they are wasting biomass and eating much of the available forage. I think getting them out will be a huge help. They're tough to catch anyway, so what fun is that?

Here's a pic of pond structure along the dam. The pond is VERY low.

You gotta take a break and have a little fun!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."