Originally Posted By: n8ly
Microwave Fish
May 8th of 2006 I was out 105 miles off the coast of Gulf Shores, Alabama with Captain Chris Garner of the High Cotton. We have been fishing with Chris every year since 1995. Anyway, after catching gobs of fish for about 8 hours, Chris goes down below the deck with some nice, fresh grouper fillets and comes back up 5 minutes later with some of the best fish I have ever eaten! All he did was put the fillets on a paper plate, smear them with mayonnaise, mustard, parmesan cheese, and some sort of local cajun seasoning and cook them in the microwave for about 4 minutes.

Now I was pretty hungry and just about anything even remotely resembling food would have tasted great at this point, but this was just amazing! Needless to say, I spent about 5 minutes out of every hour down by the microwave for the rest of the 36 hour trip!

I still cook fish for quick meals this way, a slice of cheese and a couple slices of bread make the quickest fish sandwich ever!

Nate, you fell for that one just like I did at Tahoe with the lake trout. " We will take your catch and cook it for you."

JK. Sometimes simple is better. Especially if you like the taste of fish.

Folks, please dont ask about head cheese. I'm wondering about a cheesehead in Minisota.