Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
Cecil, thanks for sharing. Did you make a decision yet?

I got there a little late because I had some fish skinning and carding that took longer than I thought it would. I am so swamped and behind I am almost defeated. I actually stopped taking in work just to see daylight.

Anyway, In the little time I had, I looked over the dogs and Wellington # 1405 the Australian Sheepdog is indeed a beauty, although smaller than I thought he would be. Of course everything is small compared to my last dog Sandy, who's head could easily rest on the dinner table while she stood on all fours! His hair is somewhat short for a Australian Sheepdog so he must be a mix. Of course that does not matter to me as I prefer mixed breeds.

Ava the Akita # 1320 has really sweet eyes and and peaceful demeanor. Justice the Boxer # 1343 is a sweetheart with those typical expressive Boxer eyes. Shayla the Lab must have been abused as she is really timid and slinks yo the back of her cage. Beefie # 1429 is an observer and likes to cock his head back and forth just like Sandy did. He has a beautiful coat and very calm, although being part Pit Bull that has me a little concerned.

I didn't see Bosco #1407, or the female Boxer Nicky # 1386 -- hopefully they are adopted.

Hutch # 1378 is a survivor. His owner is in jail. His face is goofy because he survived being hit by a car and he was also kicked in the lower jaw by a horse! I wouldn't get Hutch though as I don't want someone coming after their dog once they get out of jail! \:o I live on a major highway where someone could see him with me and since he is very distinct in appearance...

The dogs were so excited and their barking was so loud it was hard to hear my tour guide. I think they were competing for me! \:D

So no decisions yet. Tomorrow there will be time to take a few out of their cages and spend some time with them to see what they're like. I will be bringing one home tomorrow. \:\) \:\) \:\)

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/18/08 06:17 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.