Originally Posted By: bbjr
Brettski,

I may be confused, if I am, forget the following info. From your description above, I am assuming there are a total of 3 panels. correct

I can't tell from the picture (second pic), but is the main panel's (I will refer to this as panel 2) neutral bar isolated from the metal cabinet? or, is there metal to metal contact between the bar and the panel? I don't know, but I have another one at home (in stock) that I can review and letcha know tonite
Since you have, in essence, a "main" panel (your first pic, and I will now refer to this as panel 1) that feeds this panel (panel 2), and panel 1 in the first pic is grounded to a ground rod (yes, ground wire is connected directly to the neutral/ground bar inside the panel) and has the neutral bonded to the panel(right or wrong?) not sure if it is; will find out this coming weekend, any panel after that should not have the neutral bar bonded to the ground. So, your outdoor sub-panel (I am assuming it is not pictured, we will call this panel 3)and panel 2, should have isolated grounds and neutrals.
So, in summary, you are saying that panel #1 (at the gen-set) should have a neutral/ground bar bonded to the panel AND this should also be grounded to a rod in the soil. Any and all following panels should NOT have the neutral/ground bar bonded to the panel, nor should they be grounded to a rod in the soil. That being said, there is a continuous, uninterrupted neutral wire and ground wire that ties all the neutral/ground bars together (in all 3 panels). That makes all of them grounded to the 1st panel (at the gen-set) which in turn is grounded to the soil with a rod. So...what's the difference if I isolate the 2nd and 3rd panels? They still each have a path back to the soil.
Is there a reason you are using a 2-pole breaker (understanding that you are only using one phase) for the GFCI outlet, rather than using a single pole breaker? This way, I still have the option of 220v at the dock....who knows if I would ever need it, but I had the wire, I had the conduit installed....why not, right?
Other than these couple things, everything should be okay, unless I misunderstood something. Thanks for lookin' over my shoulder; this is giving me a headache for a good reason