Brettski,

I may be confused, if I am, forget the following info. From your description above, I am assuming there are a total of 3 panels.

I can't tell from the picture (second pic), but is the main panel's (I will refer to this as panel 2) neutral bar isolated from the metal cabinet? or, is there metal to metal contact between the bar and the panel? Since you have, in essence, a "main" panel (your first pic, and I will now refer to this as panel 1) that feeds this panel (panel 2), and panel 1 in the first pic is grounded to a ground rod and has the neutral bonded to the panel(right or wrong?), any panel after that should not have the neutral bar bonded to the ground. So, your outdoor sub-panel (I am assuming it is not pictured, we will call this panel 3)and panel 2, should have isolated grounds and neutrals.

Is there a reason you are using a 2-pole breaker (understanding that you are only using one phase) for the GFCI outlet, rather than using a single pole breaker?

Other than these couple things, everything should be okay, unless I misunderstood something.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp