My trusty pal Sandy who is now about 12 years old is showing classic signs of kidney degeneration and weakness in her hind quarters that caused her to fall down a flight of stairs this morning. I think she attempted to climb the stairs to tell me she needed more water. She can't get up on her personal couch anymore either. I'm really sad but I know we all get old and die including of course our pets. I am self employed and she has been my company and sole companion during the day for years.

I'm going to make an appointment with the vet this morning to confirm this and possibly degenerative myelapathy. Hopefully there is a treatment that will let her hang in their a little longer and reduce the discomfort. I've already backed off on the protein and coincidentally this seems to coincide with the dog treats I recently got that are made in China. (The package deceptively won't say made in China just who distributes them). Most likely due to their high protein content that aggravates kidney disfunction but one never knows. I went into the trash.

For those of you that have pets I think you can relate.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/27/08 05:38 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.