More great thoughts and answers you guys, thanks. You have to understand that I am living in Stepfordville here in Michigan. I want to put a pump in our overflow and drain just a few inches out for the winter, and people are freaked out about that idea, it never crossed anyone's mind that it would decrease erosion in 30 years. There are about 35 houses on this little lake/pond which has been a swimming lake all this time. Our DNR guy says he only has one other lake he knows of with this problem, I bet if we had a fish survey on all our other 5 lakes we would find they have the g.shad too. Will have to get all the people to report any dead fish that wash up, so we can find out, I was finding them for 3 years but didn't identify them until this year. I'm a much smarter Lake Rep now, have devoted all my spare time to learning all things water. I'm going to write down all these great suggestions and run them by our Board and the DNR guy, he wants us to kill all the fish. I am resisting that suggestion as I feed the bass and bluegill little snacks every morning & evening. They follow me along the shore, we are attached at this point. There is one bluegill that has a big chunk out of his back, and he is a little faded in color compared to the others, I call him Gashy. If we have to kill them all, we will have to harvest the huge Bass and put them in another lake, I couldn't stand to kill them.
Lynda

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.