Hi Ken, although we use various different Thomas compressors for different applications, I have never used this one. However, this style is exactly the same as what we usually use. What I can tell you is that you should check the pump curve and find out what CFM you are getting at 9 PSI plus whatever the pressure requirement is to open the slits in the tubing. I would suggest shooting for at least 2 CFM @ 10 PSI. Thomas pump curves are notoriously difficult to find without calling a distributor for a spec sheet so good luck. $75 is a great deal if it does what you want it to, which I would suspect it would. For the price I say give it a try.

Be prepared to rebuild this pump every 12-18 months depending on sight conditions and filter replacement frequency. A rebuild kit will probably run about $100-$125 and is simple enough that a kid could do it in half an hour. It takes me about 3 days.

Finally, these compressors come from the factory with a ridiculously undersized and fragile filter assembly. So, if you want to upgrade it I would recommend a Solberg filter model #HFA-S-10050

Richard Dennis
EP Aeration
rich@epaeration.com
www.epaeration.com
(800) 556-9251