Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys, I was out of town with the family for the week.

Originally Posted By: RB Blackshear
Great bellies on those fish. Are you seining out the talipia prior to winter ?

That is a good idea, RBB. I was going to try to cast net them during feeding times, but they can see the net in the air and they scatter. I will see if I can get a seine net before temps start to drop to much.

Originally Posted By: ewest
Great job bbjr. Glad to see all the non-GSF also doing so well (YP , SMB and GShiners). You have a lot of predators as all the fish you mentioned other than the FH are predaceous.

Thanks, ewest. Do you foresee there being a shortage of food in the future due to all the predators? It appears that the only fish that are taking to the pellets are the GSF, GSH, FHM, and the tilapia. The HSB and the CC will probably take to the pellets, also, once introduced into the pond. There is an extremely large amount of fish in the 1/2" - 3" range swimming the shores right now, and that is without a YP spawn this year, so I am hoping the YOY can keep up with the appetites of the adults.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp