I've had three acres cleared for pasture recently and found that the bottom of the draw has a spring where I will never get any pasture to grow as it will always be wet (sank two dozers while clearing). Beside that, my entire 13 acres drains into that one area and then on into a ravine w/ a creak about 1/4 mile away. Seems like the perfect place for a small pond. The guy who did the clearing said he could do the pond for $6,500 with a finished depth of 8-10' at the dam and one surface acre. This is all great, but I would like to actually have it engineered for liability purposes. Everything I've read has said to contact the NRCS/SCS and you can get an engineer to design it. Every time I call the NRCS or USDA in Greensboro, NC they tell me that there is NO such government assistance that I need to pay a private engineer to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction who has had a pond built in NC within the past couple years? As I understood this, it was a federal program managed at the state level.

Eddie Aday
Asgard Farm
Home of Asgard Alpacas