Ric,
I know about that stuff (I used to treat uniforms with it in the military before field excercises). Great stuff, but I don't want to treat my entire wardrobe just so I'm covered when I go outside to my grill.

In the western United States, the bacteria is carried by the wood tick, and in the eastern U.S. it is carried by the dog tick. However, other ticks spread the infection in the southern U.S. and in Central and South America.

It's hard to tell as a large part of what I am seeing is in the nymph stage and I don't have a microscope or a entomology field guide anymore. I do know we have a reported large outbreak of RMSF here lately. Either way, I keep a pair of old, freshly treated cammies to slip on for my adventures around our pond.

Jeff244.
Howdy, neighbor. I live next door in the NW corner of Pope County. The upside if these are deer ticks is our deer hunting should be pretty good this year \:\)

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. Mark Twain