Mike and Pete,

My pump that is rated at 45 gpms is a 2 hp pump I believe. Keep in mind if you put in a well, and your static water level is close to the surface, even if you don't get much artesian flow, you can use a different kind of pump that draws water out and it would run much cheaper with less hp than a submerged well pump. I would contact Stoney Creek Equip. Company and ask for Steven Owingo the owner. He turned me on to this but unfortuantely my static water level is not high enough to make this kind of pump worthwhile. Not only does Steve sell equipment he has first hand knowledge of harnessing artesian flow over on his side of the state. He's in Grant Michigan north of Grand Rapids.

http://www.stoneycreekequip.com/

Sounds like you have the potential. You just need to figure out how to exploit it. I would hope you do it as effeciently as you can and take advantage of the artesian flow and gravity to move your water. Don't use power if you don't have to but if you do use as little as possible!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.