I am soooo bummed out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talked to my neighbor this morning and there is not enough water in the pond to start stocking yet because of the lack of rain. Was really looking forward to it. I may have to wait until spring.

If it were possible to stock now, could I do the bluegill at the same time as the minnows?

I want to thank everyone for their help.

Welcome to the forum. You are in NE Ky. What a beautiful place you have. What is your elevation ? It apears to be in the mountains or on the edge.

Ewest, yes it is a beautiful area especially this time of the year. Its in the foothills, elevation is 1000'. It is truly one of the best keep secerts,but that changing. Four seasons just like its supposed to be. I prefer more snow but the real boss would't go for that.

No guessing here be sure of the source and where the fish came from.

The source is Jones Hatchery and I haven't heard anything bad about them other than their stocking plans may be a little iffy.

At one time Ky. had some good online pond mgt. material. see below. ewest.

Not only pond management, but they also have other very good how to sites such as this one.

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/howto.asp?lid=631&NavPath=C100C152C177

I guess I need a new game plan as the hatchery does not deliver after the first week of Nov. or so. I will be there for about three weeks in Nov. to start the timber stand improvement and hunting season. Maybe if it decides to rain will I'm there (probably) I can pick the up myself.

Thanks again
Darin