Chris4:

Perhaps two different outlet methods, depending on the season, could be used. Aeration is not nearly as critical in the Winter - cold fish use less O2, while cold water holds more of it in solution. So in the Winter use a straight dump that is 100% freeze-proof.

When the weather is warm enough, aerate the water before releasing it into the pond. Yes, dropping it over/through a pile of rocks would help aerate it. Check out Cecil Baird's "Packed Column" well water aerator here. Dropping it like a waterfall through a rock pile might not be quite as efficient, but would be more aesthetically pleasing if you are not as keen on 5 gallon buckets as I am.

Ejecting the water through a "sweeper nozzle" juts below water level could also be used, perhaps in colder weather than a rockpile drop. These would produce Bruce Condello-style "horizontal aeration" - somebody (maybe me later) can link to that thread for an explanation.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]