This is exactly why this is not a general chat forum. It is about ponds , fish , wildlife , and land mgt. It is not intended as a place to discuss controversial general news topics.

I agree it is not political. That is not the only limiting criteria for threads. Here is my attempt at stating a guideline for non-pond related threads. Feel free to post your thoughts wrt this. It is based on my understanding of Bob's thoughts on this being a friendly , positive , family like forum.

If the topic of the thread is likely to anger or offend someone don't . If its about ponds etc then we can discuss the topic as long as the other forum rules are followed. If it is a funny thread then make sure everyone can tell it is in jest. Keep in mind that PB is a large , diverse and multi-faceted group that Bob calls a "Family". Treat each other like that. Just for your info I have received several pm and emails by forum members , none of whom posted on this thread, who were either offended by or thought this was not a topic that belonged here. \:\)