Quote:
Remember YP, at least larger ones - adults) are primarily a predatory fish (meat eating opportunist) and to achieve decent numbers and decent sizes for harvest YP should have ample food to eat which if you're not using pellet trained YP then it means small fish and larger invertebrates which are also primary bass foods. This then creates competition and then "someone" gets shorted on food unless all densities are kept low or forage fish numbers high.

Hey Bill!
I've been trying to ballance all of that in my head & can't quite reach a comfortable decision. I don't have the knowledge or the feel for it.
With SMB at the top of the food chain & a goal of keeping them fat & growing, what would you change in a 2.5ac pond avg. depth est. 15' - 18' with FH (declining rapidly), RE, & a few crawfish?

Hey BM! I'll have to hunt for a pic of the bridge, I have lots but need to find the disc they're on. New HD doesn't have all my old pics.

Last edited by Ric Swaim; 08/01/08 11:41 AM.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric