Hello!
I have been checking out the forum for a few days now and wow im glad i found it! Here is the deal i just bought my first house and it came with a little smaller then a 1/2 acre pond in the backyard. The previous owner had dug it and has maintained it decently with Aquashade. Skum and alge are all pretty minimal but are not the best swimming conditions. I bought some floating fish feed and know there are a few channel catfish and small mouth bass in the pond more then likely there are bluegil also since every other pond around here has them.
I would like to use the pond for 1.Recreation (swimming) 2.Aethstetics (look pretty) 3.Fishing.
We put a new roof on the house ourselves and went to dive in at break time and WOW cold spots everywere! Really really cold spots. I was told that some kind of aeration system would eliminate this and equal out the pond temps and add oxygen to the water promoting fish health also.
So i know for sure i want a fountain for looks but i want it to function and keep the cold spots from coming back. Also i assume it will help with the alge and other nasty skum the pond produces?
I found something localy thats called a water hawg
http://www.waterhawg.com/results2.tpl?ca...le=Water%20Hawg

I would really like to have lights in the fountain also. Do i need an aerator and a fountain? I dont want to spend over a grand on it. The pond is a rectangle shape with a shallow area about 1/4 the pond size. Its about 14 foot deep in the deep end. Please let me know and any suggestions would be great!! Any other questions let me know i am very interested to see responces! thanks again!!!

Little under 1/2 acre, 12-14 foot deep