Brettski - still in negotiations with the power company. Their first offer is about 25% of the value of the 2 acres. I keep asking them about the drop in value of the other 8 acres. I also offered to sell them the whole parcel outright, but they didn't want that. So I'm still trying to figure the fair market impact of the loss of use of nearly 25% of our property and the limited use of rest of it. The remaining 8 acres will be very difficult to develop for a house without a clear view of the lines and poles out the front or back.

My wife is very particular about the view and neither of us want to spend our twilight years looking at wires and listening to the popping and crackling. (It probably won't be as bad as that, but while in negotiations I have to keep up the 'woe is me' attitude) Free lighting could be nice side benefit if there was a way to harness it.

I'm sure we will work thru it. The pond is still doing great and staying full. So much rain in the KC area, it went over the emergency spillway a couple of times, but the grass I started late last summer seems to be holding well so no worries of breaching.

PB

Pond Bob