Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
My fishing yesterday was great. I've located a place that is infested with small redears. I can barely open and close my hands I got poked so many times. I think I'm going to need to go to the hospital for a transfusion. I think I'm going to leave this place alone and try it next year after they've grown a bit. I also caught a largemouth that had a big lump in his tummy. I figured that he must have eaten one of the redears. I kind of massaged his belly and he spit up the entire stomach contents. I couldn't believe what I saw. Out came approximately 100 damselflys that were mature and fully colored. Some were blue, and others were yellow and black. I can't imagine that he could have had enough efficiency to catch that many off of the surface, so he must have been catching them as they emerged. I guess I really don't know what a damselfly is doing right before he takes to the sky. Does he have to dry the wings or something?

"Then I decided to have some desert, and end up getting jerked out of the water by some kind of monster with these incredibly long arms and a little cowboy hat. To add insult to injury, he made me lose my lunch!"

Bruce. if they are ike other insects I am sure about, they have to "inflate" their new wings with fluid and then wait for them to dry before they can fly. So I also guess the bass was likely picking them off of plant stems where they were drying their wings.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]