Hi all. I have been MIA for a while but wanted to report back. The big pond is almost full - within 6" of overflow. The SMB and YP seem to be doing well. The SMB went into the pond in the fall of 2007. I caught 2 last weekend on rubber crawfish - each about 10".

I have observed one SMB male gaurding a nest so I am hopeful for recruitment. I also caught a lot of YP on worms - several in the 9-10" range. Fish fry soon. Also caught one RES. I did observe YP ribbons earlier as well.

I moved a couple dozen of the 5-7" BG to the small pond where there is one nice LMB guarding his nest. I am thinking reduce the BG population somewhat and the LMB has some family there that hopefully will welcome the additional BG. Lots of 3-5" LMB in small pond. I also see groups of 5-6" SMB cruising around in the large pond.

So all in all the advice I was lucky enough to get here on PB has played out well so far. My SMB and YP seem to be healthy and there are plenty of BG in several sizes. I am not sure about the RES - haven't grown much in 1 1/2 years. Competition from the BG and YP? I put in 4 HSB 8-10" also 1 1/2 years ago - I have not seen them since. Probably need to try some different lures?

Best thing - we have a red-shouldered hawk nest 50' from the house! I am amazed they seem to be tolerating me and the lawnmower. They circle overhead and cry out when I walk below the nest but so far I think they will successfully hatch the eggs.

2/3 acre pond 12 miles from that big pond we call Lake Erie.