Bruce Condello, as I have stated before, is a fishing machine.

In January, I was privileged to watch him reel in fish after fish (mostly big BG) from the upper house pond at LL2 using an ultralight weight spinning rig that held a stub of nightcrawler on a tiny little jighead. I decided that if I learned to do only one new fishing thing this year, it would be to match that technique as closely as possible.

Bruce was kind enough to lend both technical advise and advice on technique. With his specifications, I bought an ultralight spinning rig (Shimano Solstace Rear Drag and 5'6" Fish Eagle II rod, both for 4 lbs test line) and some 1/16 & 1/32 oz jigheads, from Cabela's.

BG season now being in full swing here, I tried out the new rod 'n' reel in earnest this afternoon. I used whole small earthworms for bait, nightcrawlers being very infrequently present in my wife's garden my worm bed. And with virtually no practice, in 20 minutes I landed three nice BG. (That's a pretty good rate for me; Bruce lands them slightly faster while asleep.)

Pictures can be seen at (Bruce's - who else's?) website, BigBluegill.com

Thanks a heap, Bruce. You're Aces.

P.S. I hereby propose the term "Condello-Rigged" to describe a little piece of worm on a small jighead, being used to catch big BG.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]