Bruce,

Planting seed? Are you guys warming up that much? Here we are lucky to get above the 40's with hard freezes at night. When it gets into the 50's it feels like a heat wave!

Hey that looks great!

I'm in the process of draining down a pond so I can put a blocking net in it. I got the 1 inch polypropelene (I think that's what it's made of) that is used for raising quail. They say it's used in aquaculture and will last a long time in the water. I wanted to get the 2 inch to have less algae blockage but the 2 inch looks it would make a perfect gill net! \:o

I'm going to attach chain to the bottom and stake it down once I completely drain the pond. I will run two metal fence posts into the ground on each side of the pond to attack the blocking net via a nylon rope strung through the top across the center of the pond. It will be about 3 feet above the water line as the netting is 12 feet high and the pond is 9 feet deep at the deepest. This will also prevent trout from jumping over.

Brooks on one side and browns on the other.

I'll take pics soon. I sure hope it isn't more difficult than it looks. You know how those projects are alway more complicated than they look.

Edit: I'll start a new thread on that. I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I have.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/03/08 11:12 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.