Well yesterday afternoon I put down 25 bags of quikrete. I rebarred them all together, and left rebar up out of the bags that will eventually have bags set upon them. According to quikrete's website it is best to not stop and do this continuous. That would be great if I had all the cash for this project, but I don't so it will have to be done as I acquire cash. One thing I found out quick is that quikrete gets very heavy, especially if you are standing in a pond with waders on. So next time I think I will have several people here to help me, and we will put down approx 100 bags at a time. That is if this works out, this is my test area. I am trying to upload pics, I hope they work!

The bags are stakced 5 high, that equals about 2 ft. Once that last bag goes on it seems a little unstable, that is until I drove the rebar in, then everything was fairly sturdy. I backfilled with dirt and planted fescue right behind the area, and started watering. I want the grass to take off quick, because as you can see the actual bank is higher than the quikrete bank. This side approx 80 FT, is the highest drop off point we have all around the pond. The bags are already starting to set up. In the next few days I am going to watch closely, if everything seems ok, I will start adding to this. My rough estimate of cost is around 25K to do the entire pond, which is approx 1800 ft.