Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
Sadly, Bruce, the fish business isn't the only place one can encounter those behaviors.

Agreed.

The great irony in the situation is that I love big bluegill and panfish in general SO MUCH, that I honestly thought that I could raise these fish to giant proportions. Can you imagine the windfall of good business that they could have generated by simply treating me like a human being? Instead the lady acted like she hated my guts from the first moment of the conversation. She kept saying "What I'm offering you is...", then she'd repeat the part about the 250 bucks to ship these tiny fingerlings. C'mon now, couldn't they have maybe just charged me the actual cost? Maybe 100 bucks, or absorbed it themselves just for the good will? Geez, I'm such a pushover I probably would have paid half of the shipping, even though their so called "guarantee" of healthy delivery hadn't materialized.

I even told the lady that I had been excited to write an eventual article for a magazine about Georgia Giants, and that it would be hard to find a good way to end the story, but she yelled "You just go ahead, for every one person like you I've got ten people who love our product". I almost got the giggles after that.

Now that my ego has recovered from the original insults I'm not even really upset, but I think this thread should remain as a warning for others to step cautiously into a business relationship with any business that they don't know about personally or have first hand information on.

I think Deb King was a strength of this business, and now that she's gone maybe they are still in recovery mode. The lady I talked to didn't exactly sound like she knew how to handle a phone call.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.