Brettski:

I shall apply my prodigious brainpower to the subject matter and come up with an RC solution for you asap, although it might end up being just about the most complicated possible solution ... LOL.

Jeepers ... from obscurity to a PB guru in a matter of months ....I love it.

Oh, and just so I have it right, you need to do 2 functions .. remote start/ stop and choke rich/lean is that correct?

Also, can you run some wire from the house to "the generator house" or will this be done by radio function?

One more thing, how much pressure does it take to move the choke lever? Trying to determine of a standard servo (generally pretty cheap) will have enough power to do the required mechanical action.

Last question, are you able to splice and solder .... because I might already have found a solution if you can. Involves taking an off-the-shelf "servo Tester" which supplies a "fake" rc signal to drive servos without running a transmitter and no receiver is needed. Take the output of that servo tester, extend the wires from your house down to the genset to control the servos directly. Servo testers are about $20 each.

Do I have a clear picture of the requirements?

Lee

Last edited by Lee Smith; 03/13/08 10:28 AM.