New Pond-East Texas in line with I-20-- 1/2 to 3/4 acre- added probably to many bream in the spring ( was trapping coppernose from a friend's pond), also added talapia in spring to control agae, purchased redears and fatheads. I have a bunch of babies as a result. Lots of coppernose, redear, fatheads, talapia.

Talapia will die out here when the water gets cold, but still have too many bream, I think for the pond size. So is it to late to add Bass. I am thinking of larger bass if I can find them-(8 to 10 inch). Given my location, I am thinking F1, But would Florida strain be better??? for a pond. I am adding the bass as a predator to control excess fish, this was to be a coppernose bream pond , with a few redear and bass to fill in the various nitches. I don't mind having to catch the bass though.

I know that I will just have to titrate the bass, and watch for correction. I had read a thread about adding larger bass in the fall , having let the fish hatchery raise in effect raise them for you.

any thoughts???--- Be nice.