The other evening I got pulled over for "speeding" -- the first time in about 40 years. It was in a very exclusive and very wealthy small rural town in northern Virginia's Loudoun County. The very respectful and friendly officer told me that he clocked me doing 39 mph in a 35 mph zone.

We didn't know each other. I'm fairly certain that he knew of me from my volunteer activities in the local area. I would guess that he knew that I was friends with members of his family. He took my drivers license and registration back to his police SUV. A few moments later he reappeared, and asked that I respect the town's speed limits -- which I certainly agreed to.

I went on my way.

As I pulled out, I saw that the car traveling just two cars behind mine, was being pulled over.

On my way home each evening this week, including this morning (Saturday) I've seen multiple cars pulled over where traffic usually moves along at 15-20 mph over the speed limit. I guess it is some kind of crackdown.

If you are on US 50, between Chantilly, VA and the WV line -- be especially vigilant.

High Speed Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!