more top of the line input from everybody, thank you bski, dvatsa, randy, and bbjr.

bski, that "source" link is awesome, i needed that basic talk, anybody wanting to know the clinical difference between lcd and plasma use bski's link above.

dvatsa, thanks for the in-home research, hope yer new wife didnt suspect you of anything strange, just tell her you was helping a friend on yer chat room.....and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on wedlock, yer now a team ready to attack life, i wish y'all the finest blessings...no i dont mind my threads hijacked...as i can be one one of the best hijackers around \:\)

bbjr, we're down in a hole, so unfortunately the airwaves arent an option, but that is excellent advice, and i wont hesitate to send you a pm if i have any questions, you sound like you know what yer talkin about.

i'm leaning toward a lcd unit based on everything so far, i think it will be best for glare, energy usage, can work around 120 degree viewing angles, and generally i see that plasmas arent even available in the smaller screen sizes...i'm wanting something around 32".

i'll check back here again in the morning and thanks again everybody......we keep getting these expert posts and maybe this thread should be archived in a "non-pond-super informative" section of the forum?

GSF are people too!