Hey I almost did that once and I wasn't even wearing funny pants! Fell asleep at the wheel once driving home from trout fishing all night on a lake about 1 1/2 hours away. Woke up to realize I was driving through somone's yard and headed for some trees! Put the brake on just in time to jump over some railroad ties lining the home's driveway! When I came to a stop some guy come up that was picking up litter on the highway said, "Man are you O.K.?! Your boat jumped up about a couple of feet on the trailer when you hit those railraod ties!" Sure glad I had it strapped down!

I got out and everything was O.K. except the deep skid marks in the yard and the displaced railroad ties! I wanted to leave a note and say i was sorry, and if there was anything I could do to fix it or pay for the damage I would be glad to, as no one was home. The guy picking up the litter said, "You don't want to do that." I said, Why not?" He replied, "The owner is a psycho! He will get violent!" So I didn't.

Drove past there later and the grass had grown back and everything looked fine.

BTW that was a very good lesson to learn. I will not put myself in that situation again! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/26/08 10:30 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.