Bski Theo is right. I have some relatives who have leased a property sense we have been kids. Deer hunting has been going on there sense the 70's. Only 3 years ago my relatives purchased the property and have sense turned it into a perserve. In this short period of time the deer now pay little if any attention to them. They are actually in the process of building their home and the framing crew (strangers) haven't bothered the deer one bit. This guy has been spotted eating corn in their front yard on many occasions. These pictures are in a turnip patch they planted about 100 yards behind the their new house. You might consider planting something that deer like to eat. Personally I'd put a food plot in sight of my cabin or house in addition to the ones you might want to put along your nature trail. You might consider building an elevated tree house structure if you want to get right up on top of the deer for viewing.

If you haven't cut a trail yet rent a tractor and brush hog. You can make a entire system of trails in a matter of hours compared to clearing saplings by hand. You best start putting a tractor in your LNP budget. Have fun and don't kook it to much will ya?

Last edited by rockytopper; 01/23/08 09:35 AM.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................