Originally Posted By: Shorty
George, I am going to go punch some holes in the ice Saturday if the wind is not blowing 20-30 mph. The highs here this weekend will be in the upper teens, add in an ugly wind chill and I might just stay indoors instead.

Take pictures Shorty... \:\)

Originally Posted By: Matt Clark
Lookin at highs around 5 F this Saturday, warming alla way up to 9F on Sunday. If it's not too windy, I may still hit the ice. That is if I can't talk anyone into driving to Prairie Du Chien, WI and a run to Cabela's...too cold to do much else.

Too warm to ice fish last few weeks...up til now.
Previously, though...]

Now that’s what I’m talking about – great picture Matt...
OK Cecil you’re up next – how ’bout a pic of your ice shanty...

Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
 Originally Posted By: george1
....when your pond is dug, fish are stocked, species balanced (?), and original goals pretty much complete but in constant state of review????

4.Actually get around to practicing my fly casting.

Theo, we’re going to have a fly casting test at the PB convention hall this year – two years of procrastination is time enough – Sunil – you give he test – I’ve up-graded to Negra Modello this year... “the casting principle of progressive loading, in which one false casts the line, building line velocity to fully load the rod”.

Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
1. Order the the Bait Weasel (TM), the handy-dandy device no fisherman should be without that turns leftover
4. Continue to learn to fly fish. By the end of last trip I was practicing "hauling" while casting. This fly fishing business is tough to learn. I was getting better at it but still about 40% of the time (41.674% if you must know the exact percentage) my casts were miserable. HELP GEORGE HELP!!!! I have got "how to" DVD that I watch over and over so hopefully this will help.

5.Make plans to attend the Pond Boss convention.

JHAP congrats on the “hauling” – you can help Sunil test Theo’s casting progress – maybe DIED will be an unwilling judge as well..

Originally Posted By: Bruce Condello
My thing I'm gonna do, is try to find a better way to prepare foods when I'm at the barn. I've been looking at some crazy ceramic thing that I think is called a "green egg". Ever heard of it? Otherwise I'm just visiting my inmates at the farm a couple times a week and feeding them krill and tail-free minnows.

Bruce – you ‘da man…

Originally Posted By: Brettski
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

4. Continue to learn to fly fish....
Start with something a bit easier. I would hold out until Bill Cody comes out with his next book on how to fly the Shuttle.

Cody says “It all Depends”…..

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)