mtalley, the spray head did cause a lot of resistance and I removed it. The water now returns to the tote through 1-1/2" pipe. I have had no water quality issues with this system. The bog pond is doing great and some of the plants are actually blooming. The pump causes all the solids in the tank to settle right next to the pump. I purchased a small vacuum pump that I can use to pick the solids up and lose very little water. I add additional water about once a week.

Update on the bass. I haven't lost any fish and they are all now eating the pellets. It's kind of funny - some eat the floating pellets while some will only eat the sinking food. I make my sinking pellets by mixing them in a jar with water and I add a little salt (for flavor?). I shake them good for a few minutes and then place them in ziplock bags in the fridge for 24 hours. When I feed I then have to squeeze the pelllets so they sink. The bass are really growing!! I have at least 1/2 dozen that look to be 7". The rest are in the 4 to 5" size. All with nice fat bellies. This sure makes a great winter project!!

Willie

Last edited by BuckeyeWilly; 01/12/08 10:12 AM.